M.A. in History
Master of Arts in History
The FIH's History Department has particular strengths in Atlantic America, East Asia, the Americas, Britain and Europe from the16th through to the 20th century.
- Public, Community and Applied History
- Migration and Settlement History
- History of Culture and Memory
The Benefits of Studying Graduate History at FIH’s
- The one-year MA Program in History is small and collegial, and is offered to both full and part time students.
- Enrollments are limited, allowing faculty members to devote time and energy to fostering the research skills of each masters’ student.
- Generous fellowships are available.
- Opportunities also exist for working as teaching assistants.
Honours bachelor’s degree in History or equivalent
Application Deadlines and Key Dates
International: February 1
American and Permanent Residents: February 1 (if requesting funding) or May 15 (self-funded)
Program Start Date: September
Minimum time to completion: 1 year