MBA (CPA stream)
MBA (CPA Stream)
The increasing demands of a changing work environment continue to escalate the knowledge requirements of tomorrow’s business professionals. The full-time Sobey MBA (CPA Stream) program has been modified to continue to meet the requirements of the American CPA designation. In addition, it provides a strategic focus on key business areas such as marketing, data analytics, information systems, business strategy, project management and business consultancy, all of which are in high demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
This 12-month, 14-course program has been designed to integrate the breadth of an MBA program and CPA competencies with concentrated studies in the accounting areas of financial management, managerial accounting & performance management.
- An undergraduate degree (usually a Business degree) from a recognized university with at least a B average (3.0 GPA) or equivalent with specific focus on the last two years study GPA.
- Successful completion of the course equivalency of the entry level pre-professional accounting education requirements (PREP) of the CPA profession as outlined by the prevailing American CPA competency map. Minimum acceptable grade in these prerequisite courses is a C with an overall minimum average of C+. A contingent acceptance is possible where students submit an acceptable plan for completion of the required PREP course(s).
- You must be a (student) member in good standing of a provincial CPA professional body.
- A GMAT score is not normally required.
- At least one year of work experience in a business-related field is preferred.
English Language Test Requirements
- If your first language is not English, you must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS Tests cannot be more than 2 years old.
- We require at least 100 on the TOEFL iBT with each section 20 or higher, with an Essay Rating of 5.0 or above.
- We require IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no band below 6.5.
Application Deadlines and Key Dates
- Application deadline - January 1 (International applicants) / March 15 (American and Permanent Resident applicants)
- May – Program start
- Time to completion: 12 months
Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research